As Solution Architect you will lead and own Bud’s technical vision for its industry leading training management platform. You will be responsible for Technical, Application, and Data Architecture across our solution set, and act as Design Authority on how the solution will be delivered. Helping to bridge the gap between Technical and Product strategy, you will lead the team in finding the best tech solutions to meet product requirements and solve business problems, and be capable of clearly articulating approach, rationale, and benefits to stakeholders at all levels.
You will engage across the teams, collaborating on the roadmap to clearly define the best-fit solution architecture for all aspects of the Bud platform as it evolves. With quality, security, scalability, and maintainability a constant consideration, you will collaborate with the technology team to drive technical decisions, define technical solutions, estimate work, and provide oversight to ensure technical delivery in accordance with agreed plans/outcomes.
You will also contribute to the pre-sales process, gaining a deep understanding of customer and wider industry direction and needs, and ensuring that our technical vision delivers a platform on which our customers businesses can thrive.
Key Activities & Responsibilities
- Ownership of the Solution Architecture of Bud’s cloud based, multi-tenant platform
- Responsible for Technical, Application and Data Architecture and act as Design Authority for Bud’s solution set
- Collaboration with the Product and Technology teams to define and own technical solutions for roadmap items
- Lead technical decision making, working with the technology team to define the best-fit solutions in line with Buds’ technical vision
- Ensuring technical solutions are clearly defined, estimated, understood, and documented by the delivery teams
- Work alongside the delivery teams providing oversight, guidance, and support to ensure technical delivery in line with agreed outcomes
- Engage with existing clients and in pre-sales processes to ensure customer needs are clearly understood and that Bud’s technical vision remains aligned with meeting and exceeding their business needs
Bud’s Product is constantly evolving, and you will need to have a solid technical background in related technologies to be able to architect the best solutions and lead technical decision making in the team. Alongside strong technical leadership, design principles and architectural experience, you will have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills and a technical background, ideally with experience in the following:-
- Background in software engineering using C# and MS technology stack
- Web applications/SPAs/Angular and/or equivalent frameworks
- Experience in microservices architecture and distributed systems design
- Experience in event driven architecture and messaging
- MS Azure/PaaS
- Reporting and data warehousing/ADF
- Agile Development/Scrum
- Sql Server/No SQL/COSMOS DB
You will be a key member of the Technology team, working at the heart of the group responsible for technology, delivery, and platform operations at Bud.
We are Bud
Established in 2016, Bud is the next generation SaaS platform for the vocational and training / education sector.
Bud is the brainchild of our founders Heather Frankham and David Foster, who together have over two decades of experience in training delivery. By combining the knowledge of industry experts with the brightest minds in software development we’ve created the best training management platform available.
At Bud, we’re passionate and proud to be engineering a software solution that will enable more and more learners to access consistent, high-quality training to improve lives. Our customers love Bud because it enables them to drive up the quality of their training delivery at scale whilst reducing costs.
As innovators we’re constantly looking for new ways to improve training and learner outcomes through software, we’re working on a number of exciting new product areas right now.
More and more training providers are switching to Bud. In fact, we’ve got a larger market share of enterprise level Independent Training Providers than any other platform and we’re growing fast.
Working at Bud
The Bud team all share the following values:
- hard working
We have a strong leadership team and a clear vision which has been translated into a sound business strategy. This means that each department at Bud can ensure their strategic direction is always aligned to the business goals.
We are a supportive bunch who work together to create a unique culture, where people thrive and build rewarding careers. We share a work ethic that provides the perfect blend of professionalism and accountability with a desire to have fun along the way.
We’re located in arguably the best office space in Bristol, it’s called the Origin Workspace and is a community in which young businesses can thrive.
Located in the top left corner of Berkeley Square, Clifton, we have a huge open plan space in this outstanding building which is perfectly located to take advantage of Bristol’s best cafes, bars and restaurants on the vibrant Queen’s Road and Park Street. With a roof terrace and lounges for socialising and relaxing, and a fully fitted gym with resident personal trainers from Activ8 – we believe in looking after our team.
As Origin members, all Bud staff are invited to Origin events which includes a monthly timetable of fitness and mindfulness classes, plus social events. The Origin pass also provides discounts in some local shops and eateries.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), rising to 29 days (fte)
- Additional Birthday Leave
- Private healthcare
- Company pension scheme
- Personal development fund
- Free gym
- Contract Type: Full Time Employee
- Contract Term: Permanent
- Salary: Up to £75,000 per annum
- Location: Bud Systems, 40 Berkeley Square, Bristol BS8 1HP, GB
If you think you would fit in well at Bud, please email your CV and covering email to [email protected]