As Senior Scrum Master at Bud you will play a key role in scaling agility in the organisation and provide supportive leadership that helps build strong, cohesive agile delivery teams.
You will be responsible for establishing disciplined and effective delivery teams by instructing the teams in agile principles and practices and be responsible for guiding teams to efficiently deliver quality software, building out Bud’s agile capability as the teams grow.
Day-to-day, you will be focussed on shaping and leading Scrum activities, but also on aligning interdependencies across teams. You will be closely engaged with the wider Bud team, collaborating on delivery plans and providing oversight of Bud’s agile teams to ensure technical delivery in accordance with agreed plans/outcomes. The role will have line management responsibility for developing team members that report directly (and indirectly) to the role.
Fostering a strong spirit of communication and collaboration between teams to align program goals, deliver product, and ensure leadership transparency to impediments and progress, you will also be capable of clear articulation to stakeholders at all levels.
Key Activities and Responsibilities
- Be responsible for Buds agile capability and approach to delivery, ensuring that Scrum is understood and enacted across the teams in a way that maximises team performance.
- Provide coordination and oversight of Bud’s agile teams to ensure technical delivery in accordance with agreed plans/outcomes.
- Serve in the role of Agile mentor through championing, training across the organisation.
- Monitor team performance through quantitative and qualitative measures.
- Mentor colleagues and provide leadership to other Scrum Masters.
- Passionate about the benefits that successful adoption of the Agile mindset can bring to organisations and teams
- Operate, educate, and influence effectively at all levels of an organisation (executives to scrum team members).
- Have strong experience and skills as an Agile mentor, to enable teams to embrace continuous improvement.
- Have strong communication skills that can be adapt effectively to appropriate audiences.
- Have a collaborative, consultative, open-minded (growth mindset) approach.
- Must be outcomes-focused, able to overcome resistance to change.
Alongside strong Agile leadership and software delivery experience, you will have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills and, with further experience in the following: –
- Proven track record improving agile delivery capability of teams.
- 3+ Experience operating as a senior scrum master / agile coach and agile delivery lead
- 2+ Experience of line management of Scrum Masters or agile coach team members
- 3+ years experience helping align release management and interdependencies across multiple scrum teams
- 3+ years experience working with software engineering teams using modern development practices (DevOps / TDD / CI/CD / Kanban / Scrum)
You will be a key member of the Technology team, working at the heart of the group responsible for technology, delivery, and platform operations at Bud.
We are Bud
Established in 2016, Bud is the next generation SaaS platform for the vocational and training / education sector.
At Bud, we’re passionate and proud to be engineering a software solution that will enable more and more learners to access consistent, high-quality training to improve lives. Our customers love Bud because it enables them to drive up the quality of their training delivery at scale whilst reducing costs.
As innovators we’re constantly looking for new ways to improve training and learner outcomes through software, we’re working on a number of exciting new product areas right now.
More and more training providers are switching to Bud. In fact, we’ve got a larger market share of enterprise level Independent Training Providers than any other platform and we’re growing fast.
Working at Bud
We have a strong leadership team and a clear vision which has been translated into a sound business strategy. This means that each department at Bud can ensure their strategic direction is always aligned to the business goals.
We’re supportive and collaborative, working together to create a unique culture, where people thrive and build rewarding careers. We share a work ethic that provides the perfect blend of professionalism and accountability with a desire to have fun along the way.
We work on a hybrid basis; however our office is located in arguably the best space in Bristol, it’s called the Origin Workspace and is a community in which young businesses can thrive.
Located in the top left corner of Berkeley Square, Clifton, we have a huge open plan space in this outstanding building which is perfectly located to take advantage of Bristol’s best cafes, bars and restaurants on the vibrant Queen’s Road and Park Street. With a roof terrace and lounges for socialising and relaxing, and a fully fitted gym with resident personal trainers from Activ8 – we believe in looking after our team.
As Origin members, all Bud staff are invited to Origin events which includes a monthly timetable of fitness and mindfulness classes, plus social events. The Origin pass also provides discounts in some local shops and eateries.
- Hybrid working
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), rising to 29 days (fte)
- Additional day Birthday leave
- Private healthcare
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Personal development fund
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free gym
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Contract Term: Permanent
- Salary: up to £65,000 per annum
- Location: Bud Systems, 40 Berkeley Square, Bristol, BS8 1HP
- Function: Technology