Be our next Product Owner
The Product Owner (PO) role is a critical role in every agile team within Bud Systems. You will work in close collaboration with the Product Manager, UX/UI designers & the agile teams to ensure that we are working on the right things at the right time to deliver the best possible product to our clients. Additionally, you will support the Product Manager in identifying where the product can be improved based on quantitative and qualitative data.
- Work with the Product Manager to define how to implement product enhancements
- Epic mapping and story writing that is complete and comprehensive, using Azure Devops as the central tool for managing enhancements in a scrum style
- Provide vision and direction to the agile development team throughout the development cycle
- Participating in scrum ceremonies, including refinement, stand-ups & retros
- Ensure that the agile team always has the right number of tasks to work on
- Plan and prioritize the product backlog to ensure it is continually aligned to business value
- Write internal product articles to educate support & account managers on how to use the product and new enhancements
- Roll out product trials and product launches
- Keep abreast with agile/scrum best practices and new trends
We are looking for someone with the following capabilities:
- Successful B2B, B2C or SaaS product development experience
- Can quickly understand new markets and keep up to date with the latest news and requirements
- Evaluate risk to the company when implementing new functionality that uses personal data
- Analyse data within the application to provide insights and work with the Product Manager to make decisions on improving the product
- Undertake route cause analysis and work with the Client Support Team to manage resolutions
- Elicit requirements with clients and users of the system
- Work collaboratively with senior stakeholders, sales, product, development, QA and service delivery teams
- Run workshops and refinement sessions acting as a user of the system to provide understanding for all participants
- Communicate complex problems in simple terms
- Technical appreciation of modern software architecture
- Understanding of more traditional techniques such as business process mapping
- Experience of behavioural driven development
You will be a key member of Bud, and work within the product team.
We are Bud
Established in 2016, Bud is the next generation SaaS platform for the vocational and training/education sector.
Bud is the brainchild of our founders Heather Frankham and David Foster, who together have over two decades of experience in training delivery. By combining the knowledge of industry experts with the brightest minds in software development we’ve created the best training management platform available.
At Bud, we’re passionate and proud to be engineering a software solution that will enable more and more learners to access consistent, high-quality training to improve lives. Our customers love Bud because it enables them to drive up the quality of their training delivery at scale whilst reducing costs.
As innovators we’re constantly looking for new ways to improve training and learner outcomes through software, we’re working on a number of exciting new product areas right now.
More and more training providers are switching to Bud. In fact, we’ve got a larger market share of enterprise level Independent Training Providers than any other platform and we’re growing fast.
Working at Bud
The Bud team all share the following values:
- hard working
We have a strong leadership team and a clear vision which has been translated into a sound business strategy. This means that each department at Bud can ensure their strategic direction is always aligned to the business goals.
We are a supportive bunch who work together to create a unique culture, where people thrive and build rewarding careers. We share a work ethic that provides the perfect blend of professionalism and accountability with a desire to have fun along the way.
We’re located in arguably the best office space in Bristol, it’s called the Origin Workspace and is a community in which young businesses can thrive.
Located in the top left corner of Berkeley Square, Clifton, we have a huge open plan space in this outstanding building which is perfectly located to take advantage of Bristol’s best cafes, bars and restaurants on the vibrant Queen’s Road and Park Street. With a roof terrace and lounges for socialising and relaxing, and a fully fitted gym with resident personal trainers from Active8 – we believe in looking after our team.
As Origin members, all Bud staff are invited to Origin events which include a monthly timetable of fitness and mindfulness classes, plus social events. The Origin pass also provides discounts in some local shops and eateries.
- 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays), rising to 30 days (fte)
- Private healthcare
- Company pension scheme
- Personal development fund
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free gym
Contract Type: Full-time
Salary Range: Up to £45k
Location: Bud Systems, 40 Berkeley Square, Bristol, BS8 1HP, GB
If you think you would fit in well at Bud, please email your CV and covering email to email@example.com
Good luck to all our applicants!