Be our next UX researcher & Designer
To support our ambitious growth plans over the coming years, we are continuing to build and strengthen our Product team. We are looking for a UX Researcher & Designer who will work with our Product and Technology teams and wider stakeholder groups to gather insights into behaviours, motivations and goals to help us respond to the most important customer, user and business opportunities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Product design: Ideation, sketching, designing & building interactive prototypes
- Research: Planning & conducting both generative research, to understand client and user needs, and evaluative research to test designs out with users
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the Product team (Designers, Product Owners, Product Manager and Product Strategy Director) as well as stakeholders across other teams (eg Development, Sales & Marketing, Support, Account Management)
- Work on product-based tasks as well as cross-functional tasks as required (eg part of the Customer Satisfaction working group)
- Gather and log incoming customer feedback via Sentiment analysis tool
- Gather and log user feedback from internal stakeholders (eg Sales, Support, Account Management)
- Run internal stakeholder design reviews
- Plan and facilitate workshops
- Keep up-to-date with design & research thinking, methodologies and tools
- Understand user needs and be their voice within the company
You will be a key member of Bud, and work within the Product team.
We Are Bud
Established in 2016, Bud is the next generation SaaS platform for the vocational and training / education sector.
Bud is the brainchild of our founders Heather Frankham and David Foster, who together have over two decades of experience in training delivery. By combining the knowledge of industry experts with the brightest minds in software development we’ve created the best training management platform available.
At Bud, we’re passionate and proud to be engineering a software solution that will enable more and more learners to access consistent, high quality training to improve lives. Our customers love Bud because it enables them to drive up the quality of their training delivery at scale whilst reducing costs.
As innovators we’re constantly looking for new ways to improve training and learner outcomes through software, we’re working on a number of exciting new product areas right now.
More and more training providers are switching to Bud. In fact, we’ve got a larger market share of enterprise level Independent Training Providers than any other platform and we’re growing fast.
Working at Bud
The Bud team all share the following values:
- hard working
We have a strong leadership team and a clear vision which has been translated into a sound business strategy. This means that each department at Bud can ensure their strategic direction is always aligned to the business goals.
We are a supportive bunch who work together to create a unique culture, where people thrive and build rewarding careers. We share a work ethic that provides the perfect blend of professionalism and accountability with a desire to have fun along the way.
We’re located in arguably the best office space in Bristol, it’s called the Origin Workspace and is a community in which young businesses can thrive.
Located in the top left corner of Berkeley Square, Clifton, we have a huge open plan space in this outstanding building which is perfectly located to take advantage of Bristol’s best cafes, bars and restaurants on the vibrant Queen’s Road and Park Street. With a roof terrace and lounges for socialising and relaxing, and a fully fitted gym with resident personal trainers from Activ8 – we believe in looking after our team.
As Origin members, all Bud staff are invited to Origin events which includes a monthly timetable of fitness and mindfulness classes, plus social events. The Origin pass also provides discounts in some local shops and eateries.
- 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays), rising to 30 days (fte)
- Private healthcare
- Company pension scheme
- Personal development fund
- Free gym membership
Contract Type: Full Time Employee
Contract Term: Permanent
Salary Range: £40,000 to £50,000 pa depending on experience
Location: Bud Systems, 40 Berkeley Square, Bristol BS8 1HP, GB
If you think you would fit in well at Bud, please email your CV and covering email to [email protected]
Good luck to all our applicants!