Job Role: Software Developer In Test/Automation Tester
Organisation: Bud Systems
Contract Type: Full Time Employee, 37.5 hours per week
Contract Term: Permanent
Salary Range: £30,000 – £35,000 pa
Location: Bud Systems, 40 Berkeley Square, Bristol BS8 1HP, GB
Bud are looking for a Developer in Test, an Automation tester, or an Automation Tester who would like to work towards being a Developer in Test. You will be working closely with QA, Developer in Tests and the Development teams to automate and improve the test and release process. If you are starting out in your software engineering career and want to learn how high-quality, digital software platforms are built using agile software techniques, and have an interest in software quality, testing and writing code, then this role could be ideal for you. If you are an automation Tester this role could see you grow to become a Developer in Test.
The Government’s 2021 Apprenticeship Strategy will drive unprecedented change in the sector and will see record levels of funding and business interest. Bud provides a market-leading solution that helps business maximise these new opportunities. Our vision is to provide a service that has strong appeal globally and across all parts of the workplace education and training marketplace.
Bud’s software is a powerful and intuitive apprenticeship management platform designed to simplify the delivery of apprenticeships and bring the many processes together within a single system. Bud seamlessly combines application management, programme creation, learning delivery, workforce and learner reporting, funding management and more.
Located at the top of Park Street by Clifton Triangle, Bud has wonderful shops, cafes, bars and restaurants on its doorstep. We are part of an exciting office space regeneration project alongside a new business incubator, Origin Workspace, with a private gym on our ground floor and a roof-top terrace providing stunning panorama views over Bristol. At Bud we believe in a healthy work-life balance, with a positive and inclusive learning culture based on our values of integrity, trust and commitment. You will be surrounded by innovators and original thinkers, able to thrive and do the best work of your careers, with regular, fun social activities.
This is the perfect time to join a growing, well-funded business with ambitious plans, led by Founders with an impressive track record in the sector.
We judge each person on their own individual merits and while technical aptitude is essential, this has to be combined with a positive can-do attitude, pride in delivering to our promises, excellent communication skills and a desire for self-improvement.
- Work closely with the development teams to automate and improve the test and release process
- Carry out exploratory functional and non-functional testing with the view to automating where relevant
- Work with other testers and the Head of Test to ensure we maintain best test practice across the department
- Building efficient, practical and scalable automation solutions
- Participate in Team Meetings and also ensure the testing for the sprint is completed
- Work collaboratively with developers so that test failures are found as early as possible.
- Ensuring all tests are executed as required and results and statistics are clearly communicated in line with Agile principles of transparency.
As a Developer in Test, a strong interest and aptitude in software engineering principles, particularly with coding and testing skills, is essential.
If you are an automation Tester this role could see you grow to become a Developer in Test.
This role will enable you to develop your skills and capabilities in the following areas:
- Continually improving the automation test approach for functional/non-functional tests
- Working in agile development environment with a dedicated sprint team
- End to End automating tests for smoke and regression packs.
- Creation of robust, effective and simple automated tests that can be easily maintained.
- Experience using automation frameworks i.e. Cypress, Selenium, etc.
- Good understanding of API technologies like RESTfull, SOAPUI and using tools such as Postman/Fiddler to test.
- Imaginative and effective approaches to testing the ‘un-testable’.
- Good all round team player and not afraid of getting stuck in to do a mix of manual and automated testing.
- Experience of supporting, modifying and maintaining systems and code developed by teams other than your own
- Experience of working with code repositories (e.g. Git, SVN), bug tracking tools (e.g. Azure DevOps) and Wikis (e.g. Sharepoint)
If you think your skillset is a great fit for the role, send us your CV and covering letter to [email protected].
Good luck to all applicants!
The team at bud